We have all seen the news – active shooter events, riots, peaceful protests gone wrong… There is no better time to prepare yourself with an emergency action plan, should you find yourself in any of these situations.
Did you know that the average police arrival time in the U.S. is 3-5 minutes? If you found yourself in the midst of an emergency situation, would you know what to do? At this training seminar, self defense expert Charlie Moore will address real 21st century threats and discuss strategies to prepare your Emergency Action Plan. You never know when you will be put in an emergency situation. “The day chooses you. Will you be ready?” Scroll down to learn about the topics presented at this seminar and how to reserve your spot!
(Click HERE to download/print this seminar flyer)
Training Topics Will Include:
- Defining the problem: What exactly is an Active Threat event?
- Common characteristics of an active Shooter
- Lessons Learned from past active shooter incidents
- Situational Awareness Development: “If you don’t see the problem you can’t create a solution”
- Exclusive “Owning the Gap” Principle
- Behavioral Responses to Crisis: OODA Loop
- Exit Methods: “Avoidance strategies for safely getting out of where you don’t need to be”
- Tactics for securing and constructing a safe space
- Responding to threats while outdoors
- “Last Resort, it’s your Best Option” the “Choiceless Choice”
- Calling 911: Specific information needed when placing the call
- Overview of the American Academy of Surgeons: “Stop the Bleed Program”
- Surviving a peaceful protest gone bad: “What to do if you get caught in a riot”
- Dos and Don’ts if you’re caught in a riot
- Creating an Every-day Carry (EDC) bag
- Tips for helping our kids stay safe in today’s world
- Activating your personal emergency action plan: “When the time to act arrives, the time to prepare is over”
Reserve Your Seat!
Date: September 17, 2020
Location: Blair County Convention Center – Altoona, PA
Tickets can be purchased on EventBrite – Click HERE to reserve your seat!
Questions? Contact Tara Saltzburg at the Blair Convention Center at (814) 943-5392 • firstname.lastname@example.org
(Photo credit: Bobby Haven, The Brunswick News)